Valentines Day ... god, not again2:02 PM
... still, might as well use it for a topical excuse to talk about word meaning and audience-defined context ....
Love could (and has) been defined as being:
- a strong feeling of affection for someone
- a great interest and pleasure in something
- nature's way of tricking people into reproducing
- a many splendid thing
- hard to get, impossible to hold, what you want it to be and heaven to the lonely
- in the air
- patient, kind, not envy, not boastful
One word that means so many different things. We all have our own interpretation of it, and our definitions change over time based on experience.
“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” ―Joan Crawford
“Sometimes it’s a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence.” ―David Byrne
“I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.” ―Maya Angelou
Love is Blindness