Things i Love Today


Also, Raspberry Berret by Prince (she walked in through the out door).

2. Project Runway Australia - only three designers left. All talented but my money's on Anthony. Actually, technically my money was on Mark who I got in a sweep amongst my friends (it's our thing - let it go) but Mark started unravelling at the seams in the vegie challenge. Speaking of which, how a-pealing is the dress (pictured above) by Lauren? Dude, it's made of onions!



4. Snuggie Sutra - oh no you DI'INT! How to get busy in a Snuggie. Look, I'm not claiming to be a fashion doyenne and maybe it's because I live in a warm pocket of the world, but getting a Snuggie is about two hideous shades of fleecey wrongness. Please don't give up caring about your appearance - even in your own home. If that doesn't convince you, please trust me that Snuggie Sex is an oxymoron anyway. No one's going to want a special cuddle with you in one of those things. Your choice.

5. Lenny Kravitz. If I need to explain this one, it's probably not worth me trying.

6. In Afghanistan they are currently tallying following only the second presidential election the Afghans have ever held. The women's vote has been contentious and tainted by many allegations of fraud. The woman above is showing her finger marked with indelible ink after casting her vote at a polling station. I don't pretend to be an expert on Afghanistan but I know if there is any nation of people that deserve to have some peace, it's them. Who knows when they will get it. (pic: SHAH MARAI/AFP/Getty Images)

7. Book: The Kite Runner was Khaled Hosseini's first novel. Ashamedly, I didn't know much about Afghanistan's history until I read it and I enjoyed getting an education. There is one line in the final chapter that made me bawl my eyes out. I cried for 5 MINUTES after closing the final page - mainly over that line. Then I went for a run, came home, thought of the line AND STARTED CRYING AGAIN. Powerful stuff.

8. Just to raise the tone, did you know there is a bar in Melbourne, Horse Bazaar, that has a urinal with a TV built into it? Ridonkulous!



Popular Posts