What I learned today: Sydney's big brown paper bag



Today I had the privilege of hearing a talk given by Professor David Brown from the University of Technology Sydney and afterwards I had the pleasure of a meeting with him. 

In conversation, he told some colleagues and me about the incredible buildings recently developed and in the process of being built for the UTS.

First this one:

(fyi the facade is binary code that can be translated to 'University of Technology Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology’.
Then this one:



But what blew my socks off was finding out about the scrunched up paper bag building (a model pictured up top) in progress developed for UTS by world renowned architect, Frank Gehry. It's his first big work of architectural art on this continent. Very cool. You can read more about the whole thing here.

Popular Posts