Blast from the past: Elvis

He was alright I suppose ...
On this day in 1977, Elvis Presley tragically died.

While I don't think he wrote most of or even possibly any of his song lyrics, why the hell not celebrate some of the words that came out of those crooning lips?

"When I first saw you with your smile so tender, my heart was captured, my soul surrendered." - It's Now or Never

"A little less fight and a little more spark, close your mouth and open your heart." - A Little Less Conversation

"And when you smile the world is brighter, you touch my hand and I'm a king. Your kiss to me is worth a fortune, your love for me is everything." - The Wonder of You

"Wise men say, 'only fools rush in'. But I can't help falling in love with you." I can't Help Falling in Love with You

"Well, since my baby left me, I found a new place to dwell. It's down at the end of lonely street at Heartbreak Hotel." - Heartbreak Hotel

Still the King.



Popular Posts