Bedazzle your business this Christmas*5:59 PM
* Believe me, no one is more fed up with early mention of Christmas than me
(it’s just not that fun getting all grinchy and grouchy to children in shopping centres “NoitsnotChristmasyetI’llletyouknowhenitsChristmas”).
But I promise this early mention is for your own good.
The bad news is Christmas has become totally commercialised.
The good news is see above.
'Tis the season to make some money and turn some heads.
To get you in the mood, here are some juicy Aussie Chrissy facts from McCrindle Research:
- 70% prefer to do their Christmas shopping online
- 13% prefer e-cards to those in the post
- 51% of Gen Y want handwritten cards
- 32% plan to spend more on Christmas this year than last
- 28% think it’s a good idea to give to charity rather than buy gifts
Spending is predicted to be up this Christmas after the ABS has reported that spending continues to increase month to month in Australia. Meanwhile, the low Aussie dollar is predicted to encourage a lot of domestic spending - great news for local businesses competing against imported goods!
WTF! (Well That's Fantastic), but if you want to get in on the tinsel covered goodness, folks - you’re going to need a Christmas campaign, baby. And here’s how to do it:
1. Figure out what you want to achieve
Lots of traffic to your website?
2. Decide where you’re going to reach people:
3. Decide how you’re going to bring attention to yourself:
Christmas gift guide?
Holiday trading hours?
Hosting a special event?
Christmas card or gift?
4. Make your marketing collateral totally schmick
Update the copy and design of your marketing materials and show them your value.
Get in touch if you want a hand.
If you liked this post: