Fairy Good

Love me a fairy.

Look, I don't claim to be a retailing strategist but I've got to hand it to dishwashing company, Fairy.


Admittedly this image is a more honest representation of the subject at hand

A couple of months ago, I'd never even heard of Fairy (well maybe I had but not to my recollection ... granted, I don't pay a lot of attention to dishwashing brands) and for years have been buying a competitor's dishwasher tablet products. I'm guessing I was buying the market leader's product; after experimenting with other products I'd always found Fairy Market Leading Competitor to be better at reducing confusion as to whether, at any point in time, the contents of the dishwasher were clean or dirty. (This is especially handy when my children, grubby plates in hand, ask me about dishwasher content status and I retort merrily and wittily 'HAVE A LOOK YOURSELF!') I think we can all vigorously agree that after a dishwasher cycle finishes, dishes should in fact be free from food scraps.

So I was contentedly going about my life, and on autopilot when it came to selecting my dishwashing tablets of choice from the supermarket. There's a chance I might have considered purchasing another cheaper brand as a trial at some stage but probably no chance I would have bothered with another brand at the same price (riveting I know but bear with me).

THIS CHANGED when I received an offer for a free trial of Fairy. It wasn't a complimentary measly only one tablet, it was an entire packet. 'And why not?' went my thought process.

Then I received my Fairy in the mail and chucked her in the dishwasher and she performed like a boss. Cleaned dishes and everything.

But that's not where the story ends. The following week, during my next grocery shop (always exciting, never tedious to buy food and provisions for my family EVERY.BLOODY.WEEK) I noticed Fairy was half price. Half its usual price and half the price of Market Leading Competitor. So chuffed was I with Fairy that I went and bought myself about two month's worth of the stuff. 

And that my friends is how you win market share.

PS Not only do I have the love for Fairy products, after checking out their website I am even more enamored. A website aimed at pleasing customers, not singularly or primarily focused on selling product. Fair play to them.

***Note: In no way have Fairy payed or bribed me to blow fairy dust up their tutus. (I wish ... come to think of it, that Audi are doing a great job these days ...)


Popular Posts